Brazilian, Law degree from the São Paulo University, 1972, with over 37 years of experience in legal practice. Founded his own law firm in 1992. Member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), Chapters São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Brasília (Distrito Federal); São Paulo Lawyers Association (AASP), and the Regional Administration Council (CRA) – São Paulo.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS - as a result of his experience and background, he has the ability to understand the client´s problems within the context of their respective culture, objectivity, global strategic vision, fast thinking, capability to economically and contextually assess a given situation so as to enable clients to visualize implications and impacts of their decisions.
• Business Management, Mackenzie University (1974).
• Specialization in Commercial Law, by the São Paulo Catholic University (1975).
• Specialization in Corporate Law, by the São Paulo Catholic University (1976).
• He started his career as a lawyer in 1973 working for one of the most prestigious law firms in the country (Pinheiro Neto – Advogados) for 14 years, becoming a partner in 1985. He was also partner in other well-known firms before having his own practice.
• An International Financial Transactions trainee at the English law firm Linklaters (formerly, Linklaters & Paines), in London, 1976/1977.
• From 1992 to 2002, Mr. Walter Stuber lectured in the Master and Ph.D. programs at the São Paulo Catholic University, by invitation of Professor Celso Ribeiro Bastos, in International Economic Relations – DREI I and II.
• Liaison of the Section of International Law of the American Bar Association (ABA), based in Chicago, USA, to the Brazilian Bar Association during three consecutive periods (2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013); Country Representatives´ Deputy of the Membership Committee of the Section (2013-2014) and in the previous period (2012-2013); and Member of the Council of Section (2012-2013), which is the ultimate making body decision of the Section on policy issues. He is also the Co-Chair of the International Financial Products and Services Committee of that same Section for 2013-2014, and in previous periods (2008-2009, 2009-2010 and 2012-2013), and acted as Immediate Past Co-Chair (2010-2011) and Senior Advisor (2011-2012) of the Committee, having been awarded with the Outstanding Policy Award or the R&R on Educating Judges policy in the term of 2009-2010. He is the Immediate Past Co-Chair (2012-2013) of the International Securities and Capital Markets Committee of the Section and acted as Co-Chair of the Committee (2010-2011 and 2011-2012).
• Member of the International Bar Association (IBA), based in London, England.
Portuguese, English, and Spanish.
• Author of several papers published on renowned legal journals and magazines and electronic bulletins, national and international, also speaker at seminars, conferences and congresses in Brazil and abroad, on matters related to his practice.
• Pioneer at project finance in Brazil, having published “Financiamento de Projetos no Brasil e a Lei de Concessões” [Project Funding in Brazil and the Concessions Act], Max Limonad, 1996.